Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mango Cheesecake!

Crucian Dad and I grew up in tropical climates where we eat lots of mangoes. We love mangoes! The other day I made mango cheesecake. I've made it in the past but couldn't find my recipe, so, I looked at some of my other cheesecake recipes and made one up. It turned out pretty good. We enjoyed it with Crucian Dad's sister and hubby when they came over last weekend.

Mango Cheese cake

Crust

1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (I used my food processor)

3 TBSP sugar

¾ stick of butter

Filling

3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature

2 cups mango puree

4 eggs

¼ cup sour cream

1 cup sugar

½ teaspoon ground cardamom

2 TBSP all purpose flour

Directions

Preheat oven to 3 50 degrees F.

Crust- combine in a med. Bowl crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add butter. Press down flat into a 9 inch spring foam pan, bake for 8-10 min. cool

Filling- beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat (scrape the bowl as needed.) Pour into crust evenly and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven, let it sit for about 20 min, then cover and refrigerate for 5 hrs.

Optional-- reduce about 1/2 up of mango puree by simmering and once it's cool spread it over the cheesecake before serving

ENJOY!

-Mallu Mom


3 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Girl, I am so hungry and you know we liked this when we tried some!!!!!! Thanks for the recipe. I live wherre mangoes are plentiful!!!

Maurisa said...

And where do you get mango puree???

Our Family said...

You can find mango puree at the Indian grocers... I haven't looked for it anywhere else.