Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Special Day


Our Family with Fr. Tarcy in front of Mary's House, February 2001


Our best Air Force tour ever was when we lived in Turkey. We traveled,meet amazing people, made lifelong friends,grew in our faith, and Mystical Rose was born there.
We meet an incredible servant of God when we traveled to Mary's house in Ephesus. His name was Fr. Tarcy Mathias, and the first time I talked to him I felt I was in the presence of a Saint. His joy for our Lord and Mother Mary was contagious. The life he was leading was one of pure sacrifice. We had the opportunity to meet him twice, and we kept in touch for the past ten years. He was one of the first people I called to ask for prayers when Mystical Rose was diagnosed with cancer.
Back in January of this year we received the card below, with a note that Fr. Tarcy is no longer with us. I got the chills, when I read the date of his death, September 14, 2010. The 1st anniversary of his death would be my due date with baby #5. Within a few days we found out I miscarried, so we decided to name the baby Tarcy. I pray I live to see the day Fr. Tarcy is canonized.





I did a Google search for his name and it turns out there is a website dedicated to his life, and many articles about him.

-Mallu


1 comment:

Party of Eleven said...

Thanks for sharing this! I will have to make the time to peruse the website :)