Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chukkumkurumalagum

I know you are wondering “what?”

Chukkumkurumalagum translates to dried ginger & black pepper; it’s a tea my mom used to make for us when we had a cold/ flu.

I didn’t like it so much when I was a kid, but my kids actually ask for it when they are sick. Rose wanted know how to make it so I am writing down the recipe. This stuff really clears you up.

Chukkumkurumalagum

2 cups Water

2 decaffeinated tea bags (you can use regular tea if you like)

1 tsp dried ginger powder

3pinches ground black pepper (you may adjust to your taste)

Place all ingredients in to a sauce pan and boil.

I usually sweeten it with honey, and serve.

Makes 2 cups

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh yeah! I can see how that would work. I'll hang on to this for next Winter. ;)

┼ Bless you all